Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Photo of tree reveals secret



I hope you get the chance to see the exhibition currently traveling the world :
The Wildlife Photographer of the Year
There are many beautiful and touching pictures in the exhibition. The one which struck me the most is this one. It is better to see this photo up close. A hurricane flattened an area of plantation timber in this shape, and the roads made by the trucks retrieving the timber have left this pattern of a tree. Perfect. This exhibition is on at the Lovett Gallery, Newcastle until the 11 August.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This photo is so amazing I can't believe it wasn't orchestrated. I've put a link to this picture (via your blog)on my facebook page...

Anonymous said...

Nice pic! pitty about the big dirty copyright over it. would be nice to see it in the free culture. Might streamline the message somewhat hey? Way it is now, I can't do anything with it... letter to the photographer, not you jo :)